Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Play



In early April, I auditioned for the play "The Last Night of Ballyhoo," and strangely enough, I got the part of Joe Farkas. It was a great experience. I learned a lot about myself by becoming somebody else. Joe is confident and funny and goes after what he wants (the girl) despite everything that stands in the way (anti-semitism). I love Jewish culture and it was fun to be a part of it in at least a small way. I even got to wear a yarmulka for the last scene. I spent a lot of time with a lot of good people that worked very hard. It took all my free time. But those two months of hard work were worth it. They really helped strengthen Natasha and my marriage because, since we only had a little time to spend together, we had to make it good. I have more free time now, which is a blessing and a curse. But I am glad I got the part and it was a great experience. Shabat Shalom!

3 comments:

Janalyn said...

Fun, I wish Rog and I could have come and seen it. Hey - When you are guys going to come to Utah to visit?

the fellers said...

hey...in answer to your question....shon is working part time ( it is supposed to be full time...but for now it isnt...) at Dicks Market in Bountiful...a grocery store and a teller...in the evenings. And during the day he is working full time for a guy in our ward that owns a construction company....so yeah...busy busy busy!!! Wish you guys could come this weekend!!!

Michael said...

Fun, I wish bets and I could have come and seen it. Hey - When you are guys going to come to Utah to visit?