Wednesday, July 18, 2007

School's out for summer

Yeah. We're done with summer 2007 semester. We have a seven week break and I am excited to do nothing. I have already read two books: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I recommend both of them, especially Old Man and the Sea. I am now reading Beloved by Toni Morrison and have All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy checked out and ready to read. I am excited. Natasha and I took a little adventure out to Beaver Dick park at 2:30 in the morning and stood out on the Snake River and looked at all the stars. It was incredible. Not having school is so much fun. However, it is confusing because we keep forgetting that it is not Saturday and we keep thinking that everything is going to be closed. But things are open, it's not saturday and we have no other responsibilities besides getting rest. It is oh so nice. We will be going to California soon. I'm excited to go home. I haven't been there in a year and half.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

YAY For summer! What are you guys doing this weekend? Well, this NEXT weekend....like the weekend of the 27th? Janalyn's sister is having a baby shower for you. If you guys are off school....you should come visit us....and Natasha and I can go to the shower and Steven and Shon can do whatever....that would be fun, let me know wha tyou think!

the fellers said...

hey...that would be awesome....call us...I get home Monday night from here....Canada.....so give us a call and let us know! I would LOVE to have a friend to go with me to the baby shower, and I am sure Shon would love to see Steven!!!