Thursday, April 19, 2007

Our God is an Awesome God

I lost my Cell phone about 3 weeks ago, and I have just been expecting it to show up. Natasha and I have gone through the lost and founds of many buildings on campus, but altogether, it hasn't been that bad not having my phone so I wasn't all that worried. However, I just got a part in the play here on campus, and my rehearsal schedule is going to keep me from Natasha a lot, and I really wanted my phone (I also have lost my scriptures, and I felt extremely frustrated.) So I remembered that Natasha once told me to pray to find my phone but I never did, until this morning. I said my prayer and offered thanks to God for the blessings I do have and asked to find my phone, well my scriptures first, and then my phone. I finished my prayer and sat down on the couch and felt under the cushions just to see. I found an area under the cushions, over the springs, under the cushioned back and down to the ground. I had felt this area before looking for my phone, but I had never realized that it didn't empty out into the ground. I reached my arm back over the cushions, over the springs, and under the hard wood that makes the back. I had to really push and hurt my wrist a little, but I felt something. I threw the couch onto its back and realized that it doesn't empty onto the ground, and if my phone were there, it wouldn't have just fallen onto the floor, like I had always assumed it would. I got scissors and cut a hole in the gossamer fabric covering the bottom. I pulled out a remote, a calculator, a spoon, some trash and then my cell phone. Not more than 45 seconds after ending my first prayer for God to help me find my phone, I found it. Our God is an Awesome God.

1 comment:

the fellers said...

That is just awesome!! Love it!!