Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Post

I would like to begin posting more regularly. More for me than anyone else.

I recently bought a new camera. I went with the Canon 30d with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I also bought a Nikon Sb-26 flash because I really like to play with light in my pictures. I've wanted this camera for about two years now. So it feels good to finally have it. Sometimes I feel like buying it was trying to live beyond our means, but I take about a hundred pictures a day, so I am getting quite a bit of use out of it. That helps to make me not feel as bad about the purchase. It is something that has always brought me a lot of joy.

These pictures are from a recent trip to the park. I work six days a week and I get home around 6 p.m. every day, so we don't get a lot of time to play during the day. In order to play at the park this day, we had to eat in the van. Natasha made pigs in a blanket and put some koolaid in a Nalgene bottle and I ate on the way there. There was just enought light to play until mommy and daddy were tired. I don't think Elliot does get tired. Or at least he doesn't show it until he is actually asleep.


In the picture of me you can see the affects of an outdoors-all-day job. I look like a missionary again. My skin is dark except where my shirt collar and sleeves end, and I have gotten really skinny from sweating all day and not eating right. I have lost 13 pounds since I started. I am excited to get to California and get fat again.

We will be in Oklahoma until Thanksgiving and then we are going to see my brother's son (who will be born by then) in Provo and then going to California for a month long vacation in December. Then we come back to Oklahoma to start school in January.

4 comments:

Ty said...

I'm glad you know us as tyler and jessup. Obviously I've been erased from this relationship. Great! :)

Timber said...

Elliot is so cute! He's getting big!

Kristina said...

I am glad to see more posts! And I'm miserably jealous about your new camera -- NICE!
Elliot is huge! We are looking forward to seeing you in Nov! If I am not feeling too pregnant I might make you take some family pictures of us . . . if you don't mind. :)

the fellers said...

I am glad you bought a camera, shon told me you were debating, way to go! So, please tell me we get to see you guys while you are here....PLEASE! Well, at least Shon, I am gone to Canada for a few days...but maybe we can meet up? If there is any time in your schedule, let us know! Shon would love to see you guys, especially cause he is being abandoned by all his family, Scoty will still be with him though!