Tuesday, March 22, 2011

china



Last summer my parents were helping my aunt Peggy clean out a house that she had been renting. The previous tenant had left a lot of stuff when she moved out and I mean a lot of stuff.
I got several phone calls that day do you want this? Do you want that? Do you want a set of China? HOLD THE PHONE a free set of China, SOLD!
I finally had a chance to go through my china and see what I really got. It has been in storage but I had my parents bring it to me and today I finally got around to pulling it out and counting it all. I thought I would share with you what I won in my own personal China jackpot.


13 tea cups with saucers
12 large dinner plates
12 medium plates
11 small sample size plates
10 large soup bowls
8 small bowls
1 large oval serving platter
1 small oval serving platter
1 oval butter plate
2 oval serving dishes

There was also glassware

7 of the mug looking ones
7 of the tall goblet looking ones
2 of the shorter wide mouthed glasses
7 of the tiny shot guys



I really lucked out because I like how simple but elegant it is. I think I would have chosen a similar design if I was picking it out for myself. I defiantly love that it is white and silver.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

Awesome!!! Lucky duck!

Angela Shaw said...

Are you kidding- that is so pretty!