Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love, Hate

Nap time and I have a love-hate relationship.


I hate how my kids need to nap even thought they don't want to.
I love how they will eventually fall asleep and be better behaved after a nap.
I hate how Elliot has to be carried to bed kicking and screaming.
I love how quiet and calm my house gets during nap time.
I love that when my kids are down for a nap I finally have time to shower or at least get dressed for the day.
I hate how messy Elliots room gets while he is deciding if he is really going to nap.
I love that Elliot knocks on the door to let me know he is done napping.
I hate that sometimes I send Elliot to bed with a cracker so I don't have to listen to him scream when I tell him it's time for a nap.
I love the extra time I have while the kids nap to take care of things around the house.
I hate how I waste the extra time I have while the kids nap on Facebook or Hulu.

But the thing I love most about nap time is when the kids wake up and I get to kiss and hug and play with them some more.