Monday, February 8, 2010

oops

Today what makes me feel like a bad mom is (drum roll) SOUR MILK!


We usually go through milk pretty fast in our house. We can easily go through two gallons a week so I have never really had to worry about expiration dates. Recently however Steven and I have been on a diet so our milk consumption has gone way down. Elliot has been our resident milk drinker.

I made Elliot a chocolate milk and there was just a small amount left so I thought I would finish it off with my eggs and it burned my mouth. Sour milk it the most disgusting thing I have had it was so bad. I ran and grabbed Elliots cup and threw it in the sink he of course was crying because the sour of the milk was masked by the chocolate. To make me feel even worse I then remembered the cold cereal that Elliot didn't want to finish this morning. It made me feel bad for my poor little guy.

I will definably be checking the milk before giving it to my kids from now on. Its good to know that I learned from this experience making me a better mom, and that no matter how bad I feel today there will always be something tomorrow to make me feel worse.

3 comments:

Janalyn said...

OH....sour milk does stink bad! Don't worry we all have our bad mom moments. Like when you let your child "cry themselves" back to sleep only to find out that they have thrown up all over themselves and bed. Just remember to write them down cause they will be funny in a month or so!

Kristina said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha.

the fellers said...

oh no, that isnt a bad mom moment, that is a normal mom moment. One time we were at a restaurant and Scoty wanted milk, and then wouldnt drink it, and we kept getting so mad at him, "you dont ask for something and then dont drink it!!!" etc. So finally, Shon didnt want to be wasteful, so he went to chug it down and just about puked, it so SOOO sour, pretty much lumpy and we had forced and got mat at Scoty!! Oh man, we live and learn right??